How to Tell If You Have Too Much Debt
- You have no savings or have not made deposits to a saving vehicle (e.g., bank savings account, CD, money market, etc.) for a period of at least six months.
- You postdate checks so that they will not bounce.
- You paid bills late more than three times in the past year.
- You’ve had to sell investments or valuables, cash in CDs or take a loan so that you wouldYo have enough money to pay bills.
- You paid only the minimum amount on a credit card balance for the past two months.
- You’ve taken a cash advance from a credit card to pay another bill.
- At least one credit card is up to the allowable credit limit.
- You live from paycheck to paycheck.