- Have at least two Federal Stafford Student Loans from two different lenders or have only Federal Direct Loans.
- Have at least two Federal PLUS Loans from two different lenders or have only Federal Direct PLUS Loans.
- Are out of school or in less than half-time attendance.
- Are in the grace or the repayment period, and
- Do not have another consolidation loan application pending.
- Loan Types Eligible for Consolidation Can Include
- Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans
- Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans
- Federal Supplementary Loans (SLS)
- Federal Perkins Loans
- Federal Nursing Student Loans (NSL)
- Health Professions Student Loans (HPSL)
- Health Education Assistance Loans (HEAL)
- Federal PLUS Loans
- Federal Direct PLUS Loans
- Subsidized and Unsubsidized Consolidated Loans (reconsolidation under certain circumstances)